Saturday, April 16, 2011

PB&B....Peanut Butter and Brows.

I know quirky title, but I'm that kinda gal. Last week Jacob's co-worker came over to our lovely little home and worked her waxing magic with this AMAZING chocolate wax. It smelled good enough to eat....



...naturally the scene from Friends where Joey goes to get his brows done for his new headshots and he ends up putting his hand in the wax comes to mind. Makes me chuckle just typing it!

That being said for giggles....Click the picture of Joey to see the video clip.










Back on track.....as a thank you for shaping our brows up I made some Peanut Butter Cookies and a Hot Pink hand knit facial cloth by the PaintedLadyCollective, my home business I just began running with my husband.

Here's the jazz on these rad peanut butter cookies. I decided the kitchen decided that these had to be all butter cookies. Since my laparoscopy surgery at the end of February we are WAY behind on a grocery run. Been relying on picking up the basics not the things that keep for some time....shortening!

For this recipe I went for easy. I was in a pinch for time and just did a search for 'peanut butter cookies made with butter'. BANG! the blue link above will take you to what I used. I can't take the credit for their greatness.



Creamed sugar and butter. Usually I see shortening used as the fat for peanut butter cookies.....


Next are the eggs.


Last is the flour. Remember to use the "stir"or low setting on your stand mixer. You've already creamed the butter, sugar and eggs so you don't need to do it again. 

Make 1 to 1.5" balls. A portion scoop can be your best friend when it comes to drop cookies. No more trying to scrape teaspoons of sticky dough to spherical shapes. However if you don't have a portion scoop...you're in luck! This dough isn't overly tacky and you can easily roll them by hand. If you have little ones this is a great opportunity to get them involved in the kitchen! Once your balls of dough are finished, place them 2" apart on a slightly greased (quick spray with non-stick cooking spray) cookie sheet. Grab a fork and make a crisscross pattern with the tines. 


Slip these delicious trays of goodness into the oven and bake as directions say, reduce or increase bake time as needed. Everyone's oven is a little different.*

*Speed Bake My oven has a setting for "Speed Bake". 
This allowed me to bake all the cookies in 20 minutes time.


Once you've pulled them out of the oven make sure to let them carry over bake on the cookie sheets for a few minutes before moving to cooling rack. 

Enjoy this tasty treat! My friend and family sure did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment